There are times when the events of the world make me want to live in a cave and I half-way hope that the hollow earth theory might be true. In the spirit of Occupy Wall Street ("OWS") there is a list of ideas (below the picture of the beautiful underground caves of Viet Nam) for how I believe we can make the world a better place that is more in alignment with our best dreams.
Please read it.
1. Stop watching television and ignore the "mainstream" media (MSM), they only exist to co-opt your consciousness;
2. Use hemp products and work for the legalization of marijuana;
3. Buy as little as possible. Bill Hicks said, "Eat rice and beans and only own a pair of jeans and three tee-shirts. Don't buy a suit. F**ck em!";
4. Learn how to sew, cook, and garden; small engine repair might be a good idea too. Then you won't have to eat rice and beans and you can dress better;
5. Support local tradesmen/tradeswomen and local businesses;
6. Get "off the grid" as much as possible. Even if you live in the suburban/urban areas and can't move to a rural area, get "off the grid" as much as possible;
7. Have a 3-6 months supply of storable food;
8. Get a good water filter;
9. Take your vitamins. The re/evolution needs you to be healthy;
10. Stay away from pharmaceuticals, if you can. If you are on them, read how to very carefully and eventually get off of them because they are tricky, and if you go cold-turkey, it could be devastating;
11. Embrace the power of your moral voice because even if you can't "do" anything, just knowing that something isn't right and/or that it is morally wrong shifts consciousness. There is power in thoughts; and